Raspberry Hill - Where Love Grows
Emotionally Focused Therapy Online
Take the next step
“The most exciting breakthroughs of the 21st century will not occur because of technology but because of an expanding concept of what it means to be human.”
— John Naisbitt
On Individual Therapy (EFIT)
On Family Therapy (EFFT)
- How to start a family therapy session so that each family member has space to share their experiences within the family in a safe and inclusive way.
- Tracking the cycle. The goal is to have an overall picture of how this family is stuck. From there, the most distressed dyad is identified.
- Processing the parent's block on what stands between their good intentions to be there for their child and their inability to respond in a way that makes a difference.
- Ensuring parents are on board to ensure they are available and accessible. In EFFT, we want to strengthen that parent's responsiveness, accessibility, and emotional responsiveness (ARE) before moving on to helping the adolescent open up.
- Helping their child to speak clearly about their emotional pain and to share some of it with his parents.
- To help him share his attachment-needs with his parents in a clear way. The therapist works with the parents to help them hear their child and respond to where he is in the present moment.
EFT & Trauma
Science tells us today that secure attachment is critical to every aspect of health - mental, emotional, and physical. Loneliness increases blood pressure to the point where the risk of heart attack and stroke doubles. Research shows that relationship stress increases the risk of depression ten times. Trauma, by definition, is a loneliness risk. Partners struggle with the influence of trauma. EFT is an attachment-based approach in which co-regulation takes place and clients expand their felt-sense of security in relation to important others through corrective emotional experiences and learn to risk reaching and responding, allowing their negative internal working model of self and others to change. EFT can support trauma survivors to grow as a human, who feels saver in the world and reach their full potential.
More on Trauma from an EFT perspective